1. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not in the market to take your hard earned money.
2. If you find an excellent product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
3. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, make sure you check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge about them. It is also a good idea to consult with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
5. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be asking for trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.