1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see when they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you want to save cash on the products you purchase online and want to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some great deals should you place your bids in the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
4. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than happy to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.