1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
2. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many online stores give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This can be a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you give them your charge card information. In the event you can't get anyone on the telephone, steer clear.
4. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.