1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and discover that as being a requirement, tend not to buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
3. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any details about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of items. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Check with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
5. A good online shopping tip to remember would be to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether you've experienced a good experience from them, and they will also acquire a reputation as a seller.