1. Call the online company prior to making a purchase. For those who have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your charge card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. If you frequently shop online, make sure your antimalware is always top-notch and up-to-date. Major shopping sites are often targeted by hackers along with other shady types who attempt to steal your own personal identification or get into your accounts. Heed any warnings your security software offers you about sites and report suspicious activity to the webmaster of the shopping site.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, discover what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.