1. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that allows you to get free freight. Instead of paying your cash on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
2. Shopping online is a great way to save money since you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
3. When getting things shipped to your home that you simply bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's visiting you fairly!
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.