1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
2. Do more research around the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
4. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look at the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
5. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are offered. If this is the situation, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.