1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you go through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
3. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider subscribing to the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
4. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
5. If a company features a newsletter, register. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their goods and would use a promotion code.