1. Find out the online store's return policy. Should you be considering creating a purchase on an item that you might want to return, make sure to find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy may have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You might even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. When shopping online, be certain the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that requires this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.