1. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. If you want to save cash on the products you buy online and would like to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some good deals in the event you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies before getting started.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.