1. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If somebody was able to check this out password, they might have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into what it will cost for that shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options available to you.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to explain the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their handling and shipping fees are. Use this all information to decide if these costs and options fit well for you personally, your budget, and your area prior to placing an order.
4. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through another store.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.