1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general notion of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, perform some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to see if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and find one that includes a better reputation.
5. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.