1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to see this password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Try to find "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. An excellent tip to remember when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.