1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some kind of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
2. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never utilize the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than just your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL in the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a wise idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which are terrible so you know what you're getting into. You need to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
5. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from their store. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will probably find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores having an excellent reputation.