1. Never give out your Social Security number to an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
2. If you want to buy a used product online, learn more about the seller first. You should visit their profile and search for reviews published by other shoppers who bought products out of this seller. Tend not to hesitate to contact the seller to inquire about a few questions about the product you are interested in.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can actually add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that permits you to get free freight. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.