1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Although it may look tedious, make sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. If you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, perhaps you are on a scam website. Leave this site and find one which has a better reputation.
4. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get yourself a discount on the item or even free shipping, which may add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
5. When shopping online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.