1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some form of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, make sure to check the store reviews to find out if other customers enjoyed a good knowledge of them. Additionally it is a good idea to talk with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to make sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.