1. Make sure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online will make it very easy for the greatest price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
4. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Look for "https://" inside the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.