1. For those who have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer support representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Remember this when you are selecting a site to shop from. Should you don't feel relaxed providing the company with your credit card information, try to find another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.