1. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
4. When you shop online, be certain the site you are on begins with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to worry about identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
5. Spend some time to browse through different online stores to compare the products offered. Unless you have your mind set on a specific brand, you should take the time to compare different products. Select one with all the features you need and compare prices too. Visit your favorite online stores often since new items become available on a regular basis.