1. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
2. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are deciding on a site to purchase from. Should you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your credit card information, look for another site. Try to find a website that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
3. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. When you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to protect your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
4. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not use your e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
5. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.