1. If you find a great product on the favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't obtain it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and personal information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and find out that being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop somewhere else.
3. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a wise decision about the product. You may be able to find out the caliber of the product, if this worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Be cautious where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, always use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS rather than the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, depending on which browser you use.