1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. After you have found the items you would like, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free delivery. Many times several coupons are available. If this is the case, choose the one which will save you the most money.
3. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
5. Before investing in a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.