1. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. If you like a web-based store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.
3. While shopping online, be sure the site you happen to be on begins with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site does not have the "S" in it, you may want to avoid using it.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. When getting things shipped to your home which you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of products. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated when you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Talk with the BBB for exact specifics and get what's arriving at you fairly!