1. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
2. A reputable online seller should have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB prior to deciding to part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to deliver.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember whether you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.
5. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase with a website. These documents have valuable info on what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.