1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer service is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. If you're considering buying a product online, check out the reviews. The reviews using their company people that have used the product can give you a good idea about the product. You could possibly find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Learn more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any details about safety, it is advisable to go through an alternative store.
5. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is in order to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.