1. Once you enjoy the convenience of frequent shopping online, it's very important to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the bank card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases in the future, consider applying for a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Shop around when shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at various stores to discover their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the best deal you are able to.