1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews on them online.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
4. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are selecting a site to purchase from. If you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your bank card information, try to find another site. Try to find a site that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
5. Check out coupon sites. Anything you want to buy might have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to require a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even want to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.