1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an internet search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
2. If you are looking for the best coupons, consider signing up for the newsletters of the stores that you love the most. Often stores give their best coupons and discounts to those that have signed up for the first time. And they'll continue to provide great deals to those that have shown big fascination with the brand, and so the signup can cause some phenomenal savings.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.