1. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product will be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. Make it a habit to sign up for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know each time a product has dropped to a price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, it is possible to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are merely shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL plus it should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. If you want to spend less on the products you get online and wish to make internet shopping more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals should you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.