1. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Utilizing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal vulnerable to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
5. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about online shopping is to make certain the site is legit. You don't wish to be giving your credit card information away to somebody that could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.