1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
2. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at many different websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs into your calculations.
3. If you are making a purchase online, make certain you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Bank card users are protected against fraud by federal law and they are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.
4. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as is possible. Reading many reviews will help you get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.