1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Do not spend too much cash on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or possess a coupon code that lets you get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
3. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Look for "https://" within the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people together with your account information.
4. Prior to making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Search for special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on your own items and when there are free delivery options open to you.
5. If you like an online store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals within your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.