1. When looking for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general notion of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
2. When shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking into the site that you will be considering buying from. You can get information about the site from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them can lead to you getting the products you probably did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
3. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do a web-based search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your money.
4. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, particularly if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe it is possible to protect your details, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews upon them online.