1. Before you start your internet shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Internet shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you simply take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they may be.
2. When you shop online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because charge cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a matter of hours.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do an internet search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.