1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. When shopping online, make sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" signifies that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
3. Before you start your online shopping, make sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some individuals build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel these are.
4. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews off their people that have used the product should be able to give you a good idea about the product. You might be able to find out the quality of the product, if it worked as described, and if you should have the purchase.
5. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, learn what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you may not find out the tough way and lose your cash.