1. Get engaged in the social media of your favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put lots of money behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these works with just a quick follow or fanning.
2. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. When shopping for a specific item, check several different online stores. Many times with a little searching, you save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.