1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.
2. While shopping online, make sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted look up into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
3. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting around Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many online stores have moved their sales days up by a few days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
4. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start out to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten should you went to the mall, for example. Give yourself a limit and follow it.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some kind of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.