1. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You generally is one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. When you are shopping on the web, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement comes in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Ensure that when you make a purchase online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.