1. When you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a new password to your bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
2. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect you to a page after you've submitted your order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying on an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
5. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to shop from. Should you don't feel comfortable providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a safe and secure page when you're adding your bank card information.