1. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store near you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.
2. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
3. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are purchasing.