1. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
2. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online stores. Many times with some searching, you can save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, be sure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
4. Before you make a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to successfully are getting the best offer possible. Also look into what it will cost for your shipping on the items and when there are free shipping options open to you.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.