1. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you part with your hard earned money to find out if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your cash with a company that fails to offer.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
3. Learn more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is like. You can usually do an online search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your money.
5. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. It goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.