1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only glance at the prices from places where you'd feel relaxed buying from. Even if a cost is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
4. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a strong reputation, you may be seeking trouble. Some individuals have had their credit card and personal information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
5. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a right to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and acquire what's coming to you fairly!