1. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
2. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information whatsoever cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
3. If you are going to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you already know is secure, like one that you have at home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
4. When you're shopping online you should be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an enjoyable experience.