1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a matter. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something fails after you've made your purchase.
2. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from their website. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with an excellent reputation.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are easily found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
4. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store close to you, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are accessible to be shipped to you.