1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. If you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it could be worth it to sign up for their email updates which often have special deals and sales. This can result in savings for you personally as you may obtain a discount around the item as well as free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement is available in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. When searching for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as numerous reviews as possible. Reading many reviews can help you get a more general concept of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
5. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one that includes a better reputation.