1. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. If you feel that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider obtaining a separate credit card to use only for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions when they are the only items listed about this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry concerning your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
5. Before you start your online shopping, be sure that you've got up-to-date antivirus software. Online shopping is a hotbed for suspect websites. Some people build stores with the goal to infect your computer with malware. It's best that you take precautions prior to visiting any stores, no matter how reputable you feel they are.