1. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a good site. Search for "https://" within the URL of the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.
2. When you shop online, it's best to shop around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy for the greatest price for just about any items. While shopping around, ensure that you only look at the prices from places where you'd feel at ease buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
3. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Be wary for any emails you receive, even if they appear to be from a retailer you trust. Never click on a web link that directs you to a website other than the main one you shopped on. Should you, you may become vulnerable to a scam. Rather than simply clicking an email hyperlink, just go as much as your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is actually much safer that way.