1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on the home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Always remember your budget and credit limits while shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same way you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
3. Be wary of the emails you get, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a link that directs you to a site other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than clicking on an email hyperlink, just go approximately your browser and enter the web site you would like to go to. It is much safer that way.
4. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information regarding current offers on the site in the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on message boards or couponning blogs.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.