1. Be suspicious of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend if you are shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten if you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and follow it.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to come back items.
4. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service prior to making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and just how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something fails after you've made your purchase.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It will make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to look at the description so you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.