1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer care is and exactly how quickly they respond. This can be useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. When you are shopping online, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Some people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on under reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are easily found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it might be worth it to sign up for their email updates which usually have special deals and sales. This can lead to savings for you personally as you may get a discount on the item or perhaps free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you buy from the site often.
5. Speak to your friends regarding their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you already know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.