1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can provide you with a lot of reassurance.
2. Learn more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
3. When searching out the best price for a big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers had a good knowledge of them. It is also a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau too. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
4. While shopping online, you need to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.