1. If you like a web-based store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free shipping or discounts on certain products.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. Turn it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know whenever a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
4. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL plus it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, often times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.