1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the vendor to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you get it done from a computer connection you know is secure, like one that you have in your own home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Although it might appear tedious, be sure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information about what you can and cannot do when you have a concern with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly to ensure that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.