1. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the Internet. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This really is a great way to save money when you shop online.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually accomplish this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you will miss out on an improved deal somewhere else.
4. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a safe and secure site. Try to find "https://" within the URL of the site that you're seeking to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.